5 Apr 2008

Home Cooked Pork Kilawin Recipe




As I woke up this morning, Jamie made a nice breakfast for me.. Of course the famous breakfast meal in this country, Bacon and egg on toast. I'm the lucky person who always eat this meal every morning hehe and sometimes makes me feel sick and crave for filipino dish. So I've quickly used my laptop to search for something to cook. And found an interesting recipe called " Pork Kilawin". I didn't know there was 2 version of this meal but then again, I've prepared the ingredients thats available here and then started cooking it. Makes me feel I'm Ratatouie right now hehe... Lets get started! Heres the Recipe:

PORK KILAWIN

Estimated cooking time: 40 minutes

Ingredients:

1 kilo pork skin
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup Vinegar
2 medium onions, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, (Optional)
Ground Pepper
4 cups of water
1 teaspoon salt
6 pcs chili (siling labuyo or Green Finger Pepper)
MSG


Pork Kilawin Cooking Instructions:
In a casserole, put pork skin/Meat in water and some salt.
Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pork is tender and the skin is soft.
Remove pork skin from water.
Slice the pork skin into bite sized pieces while still hot.
Saute it till its Golden Brown
Place in a bowl and add vinegar, chili,
soy sauce and chopped, uncooked onions and tomatoes.
Serve immediately!
They usually served this recipe with beer in the Philippines. But since I'm really craving for some Filipino dish in my stomach, I ate it with rice hehe..Yummy! Oh by the way, Jamie said I'm the kitchen genius here.. Maybe because i'm always experimenting! Puro gulay kasi ang alam kong lutuin sa Pinas haha!

5 comments:

  1. heheh sarap nyan.san ba pwedeng maka-download ng ready to cook pork kilawin. :)

    wala kasi dito sa Kuwait eh..

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheh sarap nyan.san ba pwedeng maka-download ng ready to cook pork kilawin. :)

    wala kasi dito sa Kuwait eh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. :P email ko na lang hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoy ha, kakagutom yang kilawin na yan, problema ko lang, saan ako bibili ng balat ng baboy, hmmm, yummie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. o eto .. sa kahilgian ko sa Pork Kilawin mo.. ginawan kita ng post sa blog ko..

    http://ofwlayf.com/filipino-food-pork-kilawin-recipe/

    :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin