12 Jul 2008

Klitschko vs Thompson Fight

A crowd of 3,000 spectators came to Karstadt Sports in Hamburg, Germany yesterday to watch world heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (50-3, 44 KOs) and challenger Tony Thompson (31-1, 19 KOs) in an open workout in Germany in a preview and final prep of Saturday night’s IBF/WBO heavyweight championship.

Thompson entered the ring first and began a 15 minute workout. To the surprise of everyone in attendance, as Thompson’s workout proceeded, Klitschko took a seat ringside to watch the challenger in the ring.

Thompson said: “It’s great to be back in Hamburg, a place that brings back great memories because I earned the biggest win of my career here last year against Luan Krasniqi. I won’t go back to the states without the titles.”

The IBF/WBO heavyweight champion was next, and the crowd roared as Klitschko began his 30-minute regimen at Karstadt, the biggest dealer of sporting goods in Hamburg.

Said Wladimir following his workout: “It feels great to fight in Hamburg again. This is the city where I started my career and now I come back as the champion. This is my second home and I won´t disappoint my fans on Saturday.”

The traditional weigh in will take place on Friday, also at Karstadt Sports (Mönckebergstr. 2, 20095 Hamburg, beginning at 12 pm (CET), and open to the public.

HBO Sports will televise Klitschko vs. Thompson on Saturday, July 12, at 4:30 PM/ET, 1:30 PM/PT on World Championship Boxing Source

If you want to watch this live CLICK HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin