5 May 2008

Commission On Filipinos Overseas

Let me share you a short story about this so-called CFO Certificate and PEDOS. Make note of the addresses ans telephone numbers of the said office at the bottom of this post.

Last December 2007, I am scheduled to leave Philippines bound United Kingdom. That was a long process since failing my first UK Visa Application as Tourist on 2005. Since then we have been carefull in processing our documents and make an appeal to the British Embassy to try another application. This time the process is easier and more strict. I have to renew my passport, collect documents such as letters, cards, emails, bank certificate and other documents that will prove that I'm in constant communication with my hubby and planning to get married when I get here. So to make the story short, I finally got my Settlement/Marriage Visa approved. I've prepared everything getting excited to buy loads of stuff to bring to one of the coldest country in the world. On top of it was my Plane Ticket. We bought it online and everything was set. All i'm waiting was my departure.

December 18, 2007 on my scheduled date of departure, my flight was cancelled! They are looking for this so called CFO Certificate and PEDOS. I can't believe it! I'm in the immigration already and it was the last step to finally confirm that I'm leaving the Philippines. Sad to say but I have to go back and ask the Airways to off-load my luggare. I feel sorry for myself. The helpdesk of CFO was helpful but the British Embassy Personnel ( Manila ) should have been informed me that I need those certificates. As much as the immigration officer wants to help me, he need to do his job properly and ask me to go and get it. Too late, coz the plane was about to leave in 30 minutes. And that certificate will be given if I attended the seminar as pay another Php 650.oo. Im really disappointed! Not only because the flight was cancelled but because its embarrasing. Everything is set. I have my Despedida Party and all and here I am going back to Manila while my brother was laughing his head off. My mom also cries a lot when I left the car just to know the flight is cancelled. Geez! Well, What else can I do? My brother still bullying me telling "Testing lang pala! Hahaha!"

Anyways, to all those Pinoys who are leaving the country using Spouse or Fiance'Visa here's what you should know, requirements, telephone and address of CFO Offices :

As per the Philippine Republic Act 8239 and the Department of Foreign Affairs Order No. 28-94, Filipinos proceeding abroad as fiancees or spouses of foreign nationals are required to attend the Commission on Filipinos Overseas guidance and counseling program. The objective is to help the said clientele make informed decisions and prepare them for the realities of CROSS-CULTURAL Marriages.

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEAS
Citigold Center, 1345 Pres. Quirino Ave.,
Corner South Superhighway, Manila
Tel. No.: (02)561-8321 loc. 104-105, 201-203

For the Seminar please check below details for your reference:

Saint Mary Euphrasia Foundation
Center of Overseas Workers
Good Shepherd Convent
1043 Aurora Blvd., Katipunan, Quezon City
(02) 913-6439/(02) 911-1814

People Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization, Inc. (PRISM)
2nd Floor, BDO Building
2422 Taft Avenue., Manila (Please note that this Taft Avenue is Near Dela Salle)
Tel. No.: (02)525-3114 / 525-3783 / 525-4314

Here are the Requirements you should bring:
  • 2 Valid identification card with photograph
  • Passport
  • Visa ( Original and Photocopy)
  • P 250.00 counselling fee ( This fee is updated last December 2007 )
  • P 400.00 Registration Fee ( This fee is updated last December 2007 )
  • Authenticated marriage contract (original and photocopy)
  • Immigrant Data Summary for USA bound emigrants (original and photocopy)
  • Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound emigrants (original and photocopy)
For the schedule of seminar phone those numbers. Goodluck fellas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin