- Make sure to collect all the pictures, proof that you are in constant communication with your hubby such as letters, emails, chats, webcam shots, postcards and proof that you hubby is sending some allowance or so. Thats important.
- Make sure you have all the letters that will prove that you will get married when you get to UK. That includes the letter from the registry office, Certificate of singleness ( both ), letter of support from your hubby and his parents or brothers, letter from the lanlord, and any other letters that will prove about your plan to marry.
- You hubby must have a good bank statement. It will help if your family can provide a letter of support with their bank statements that they will support you in case there will have a financial problem in the future. Bank certificate is a must.
- Make a letter to the embassy regarding your pure intention about the aplication.
- Make sure you have the renewed passport or not tampered passport as they won't accept passport with tamper. ( it happens to me so take my advice so you can save going to the embassy)
- When all your documents are ready make sure you filed it properly including all the small details you can attach. ( as to my experience, I even include all the chats and some flower tags when my hubby is sending me flowers at work as well as pictures with him and my family and friends.)
- Everythings ready! Make an appointment to the British Embassy. They will give you a reference number, date and time when will you submit all your requirements.
For PLDT/Touchcard Subscribers: 1-909-885-8472 or 1-909-885-VISA
For Bayantel Subscribers: 1-903-847285 or 1-903-VISAUK
Exchange Rate: Php 85.00 = £1.00 (with effect: 23 January 2008)
Remember that you will inquire everything on the address and telephone number above. Make sure you have your pen and paper as well as your passport ready when you call them. ( The call is really expensive). Might as well load 500.00 pesos card so the call won't be cut. You can browse the complete details HERE.
- Next, include the Postal Money Order paid to "The British Embassy-Manila" the sum of the money you will be paying for the VISA. For new visa fees please CLICK HERE.
- When all documents and appointment are sorted, have it phococopied. All you documents for they will ask you for it. All originals should be given to them for review.
- Make sure you go to the scheduled appointment 1 hour before the scheduled time. I've experienced it myself to be late because of Traffic. They are strict when it comes to Time and Documents. Also, get a checklist from their helpdesk to avoid being told of infront of other applicants. Got embarassed when one of the helpdesk told me why my documents are not filed accoording to their checklist. So be warned.
- Wear tops with collar, preferably white top with blazer, slacks and closed shoes.
- Be confident when they asked you something. It helps when you answered them straight. Don't show any nervousness or they might think you're hiding something.
- They will ask for you Biometric scans and its done. You'll wait for 2-3 weeks and you will finally know when you get your visa or not. Make sure you told them your mobile number coz you might receive the result thru text or call. Make sure its open 24 hours a day hehehe ( my phone got stolen when after I've applied for the Visa. good thing I put my brother's phone number on my passport. Theý've contacted me a month after my Visa approval.)