28 May 2008


I can't help you with the procedure of another countries visa. But as for the uk visa process, here are some additional tips. Thanks for my hubby for helping me with these.

1. Tell your partner to keep all the letters (including envelopes) you send her.
2. Make sure you have 3 to 6 months of bank statements to hand before the application.
3. If you are a homeowner have your deeds handy.
4. If you rent then have a letter from your landlord saying it's ok for your partner to stay with you.
5. If you work then have your salary slips available.
6. If you're unemployed, have proof of benefits. (Unfortunately if your income is too low you will most likely be rejected as you have to prove you can support your partner without claiming any more public funds for him/her.) A way round this is to get letters from family members (saying they will help support you) along with their bank statements. Due to illness I recieve Income Support and D.L.A. This was deemed acceptable and my 'then' fiancee was granted her visa.
7. Include pictures of you together with your partner.
8. Write a letter of invitation

If all of the above are followed then a finacee visa shouldn't be a problem. A few years back my wife was refused a visit visa, she wasn't my wife then of course but she was refused on 3 points. She mentioned looking for work (A BIG NO NO on a visit visa) I mentioned she was having problems at home in my invitation letter (ANOTHER BIG NO NO) They said that she had weak family ties which led them to believe she wouldn't leave the uk and would become an illegal immigrant. The final reason for refusal was just a document problem which wasn't our fault.


If you are successful in your application, whatever you do DON'T just buy the ticket for the following Day. Your fiancee/spouse must attend a seminar and have her passport stamped. Nobody informed us of this, not even the Visa people so my partner had 2 trips through the seemingly endless security checks at Manila airport, the first time being refused at check in.


  1. The UK, like the USA, is starting to tighten up their immigration and visa policies for those entering the UK. For most students who want to study in the UK read this blog carefully:
    Visa for UK the Advantage factor for UK candidates is that it is easy to get Student Visas. Almost all the candidates who receive a confirmed offer from a UK university and show evidence of financial support for tuition fees and living costs are sanctioned Visas. We have dedicated Visa consultants who can help you with Visa procedures. Once you have an offer from a university, you can start applying for a UK student visa. Along with the visa form you need to submit personal information, academic qualifications, financial strengths etc. Generally you can obtain a visa for the entire duration of the course in the UK. All student visas are Multi Entry Visas.
    Now thought had to give some information to readers on what Visa For UK.
    Visa for UK is a UK based immigration company headquartered at Manchester and managed by UK immigration solicitors. They provide all kind of assistance to clients and cover almost all visa categories to the UK, namely business visits, holiday visit, HSMP Visa. However they mainly focus on student admission and visa documentation.
    The question that comes up these days is: when will the UK immigration system take effect and will I be affected by the changes. The system is of course being ‘rolled out’ slowly and until there is a definitive change, the old rules will apply.
    There has been huge increase in the number of students opting UK as a destination of study. It is gaining wide popularity, because of the global recognition of degrees awarded by UK universities. We assist our students in choosing the right course and the right institute.
    The student visitor visa is for those that plan a stay of less than 6 months. Under the Student Visitor Visa, a student cannot have paid employment or an internship greater than 2 credit hours, and cannot extend their stay once they have arrived. For everyone else if you plan to stay more than 6 months, if you may extend beyond 6 months, or if you want to working in UK or have an internship greater than 2 credit hours -- then you need to apply for a Student Visa/Prior Entry Clearance.
    All those who aspire to study in UK can always approach us.
    Please visit our site-www.visaforuk.co.uk
    we always and surely would help the aspirants.

  2. Good post, nice blog. Thanks for share useful information.



Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin