19 Jun 2008

P.S. I Love You - Trip

Yes, I am back! I was working to death the past few days without day-off! Movie trip after my work in the afternoon or chatting with my mother-in-law are some of the reasons why I don't have posts the past few days. I've also watched lots of Jackie Chan Movies and its brilliant. Wow! I finally got the time to just sit, relax and watch movies. And guess what, the last movie I've watched just few hours ago was P.S. I love you starred by Hillary Swank and Gerard Butler. I find it really romantic and funny yet touching of course. I love this movie! And I consider buying this DVD for my collection! Below are the movie review of this film:

Rated: 12A [See Full Rating]

Runtime: 2 hrs 7 mins

Theatrical Release: 21-12-2007

Synopsis: Two-time Oscar winner Hillary Swank tries her hand at romantic comedy in this touching film based on the bestselling Irish novel. Holly Kennedy (Swank) and her charming Irish husband Gerry (Gerard Butler) are a young couple struggling to get by in New York City. Their marriage is 10 years strong, and they are madly in love, but the fates soon step in, when Gerry develops cancer and dies. Holly is completely devastated, and her friends Denise (Lisa Kudrow) and Sharon (Gina Gershon) do their best to console her. Her mother (Kathy Bates) and sister, Rose (Nellie Mckay), also offer their support, but it seems nothing can pull Holly out of her grief. Then one day, she begins to receive love letters Gerry penned before his death. The letters are filled with various stories and instructions, and one of them even contains a plan that sends her and her friends on a trip to Ireland. As Gerry's posthumous letters buoy her up, Holly slowly begins to piece her life back together. His letters help her to celebrate their special love story, and remind her that she must continue to live her life, and seek out happiness. The film's stellar cast delivers many tearjerker moments, and P.S. I LOVE YOU does a fine job of yanking on the heartstrings. However, the tone often shifts so abruptly, it at times feels as though they couldn't quite decide if Holly was a steel magnolia, a Bridget with a diary, or a devil in search of some Prada. But the strong performances manage to hold the tale together, and the story is ultimately moving, and yes, romantic.

Type rest of the post here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin