Hi guys, I'm back again from blogging. I just checked my old emails and this email caught my attention. It will be more useful if I can share it with you guys.. Here are some suggestions that can help your household choirs more easier... Try it!
1. How many of these did you know about?A sealed envelope - Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a knife under the flap.The envelope can then be resealed.(hmmmmmm...)
2. Use Empty toilet paper roll to store appliance cords.It keeps them neat and you can write on the roll what appliance it belongs to.
3. For icy door steps in freezing temperatures: get warm water and put Dawn dishwashing liquid in it.Pour it all over the steps.They won't refreeze.(wish I had known this for the last 40 years)!4. To remove old wax from a glass candle holder, put it in the freezer for a few hours. Then take the candle holder out and turn it upside down.The wax will fall out.
5. Crayon marks on walls?This worked wonderfully!A damp rag, dipped in baking soda.Comes off with little effort (elbow grease that is)!
6. Permanent marker on appliances/counter tops (like store receipt BLUE!) rubbing alcohol on paper towel.
7. Whenever I purchase a box of S.O.S Pads, I immediately take a pair of scissors and cut each pad into halves.After years of having to throw away rusted and unused and smelly pads, I finally decided that this would bemuch more economical.And now a box of S.O.S pads last me indefinitely!In fact, I have noticed that the scissors get sharpened this way!
8. Blood stains on clothes?Not to worry!Just pour a little hydrogen peroxide on a cloth and proceed to wipe off every drop of blood.Works every time!Now,where to put the body?LOL
9. Use vertical strokes when washing windows outside and horizontal for inside windows.This way you can tell which side has the streaks. Straight vinegar will get outside windows really clean.Don't wash windows on a sunny day.They will dry too quickly and will probably streak.
10. Spray a bit of perfume on the light bulb in any room to create a lovely light scent in each room when the light is turned on.
11. Place fabric softener sheets in dresser drawers and your clothes will Smell freshly washed for weeks to come.You can also do this with towels and linen.
12. Candles will last a lot longer if placed in the freezer for at least 3 hours prior to burning.
13. To clean artificial flowers, pour some salt into a paper bag and add the flowers.Shake vigorously as the salt will absorb all the dust and dirt and leaveyour artificial flowers looking like new!Works like a charm!
14. To easily remove burnt on food from your skillet, simply add a drop or two of dish soap and enough water to cover bottom of pan, and bring to a boil onstovetop.
15. Spray your TUPPERWARE with nonstick cooking spray before pouring in tomato based sauces and there won't be any stains.
16. Wrap celery in aluminum foil when putting in the refrigerator and it will keep for weeks.
17. When boiling corn on the cob, add a pinch of sugar to help bring out the corn's natural sweetness.
18. Cure for headaches: Take a lime, cut it in half and rub it on your forehead.The throbbing will go away.
19. Don't throw out all that leftover wine: Freeze into ice cubes for future use in casseroles and sauces. Left over wine?What's that?!:)
20. To get rid of itch from mosquito bites, try applying soap on the area and you will experience instant relief.
21. Ants, ants, ants everywhere .....Well, they are said to never cross a chalk line.So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend tomarch.See for yourself.
22. Use air freshener to clean mirrors.It does a good job and better still, leaves a lovely smell to the shine.
23. When you get a splinter, reach for the scotch tape before resorting to tweezers or a needle.Simply put the scotch tape over the splinter, then pull it off.Scotch tape removes most splinters painlessly and easily.
24. Now look what you can do with Alka Seltzer.
25. Clean a toilet.Drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets, wait twenty minutes,brush and flush.The citric acid and effervescent action clean vitreous China.
26. Clean a vase. To remove a stain from the bottom of a glass vase orcruet, fill with water and drop in two Alka Seltzer tablets.
27. Polish jewelry. Drop two Alka Seltzer tablets into a glass of waterand immerse the jewelry for two minutes.
28. Clean a thermos bottle.Fill the bottle with water, drop in four Alka Seltzertablets, and let soak for an hour (or longer, if necessary).
29. Unclog a drain.Clear the sink drain by dropping three Alka Seltzertablets down the drain followed by a cup of Heinz White Vinegar.Wait a few minutes, then run the hot water.